Online Training: Measuring PD
A one, or two-day course from the pioneers of Partial Discharge (PD) technology, covering PD theory, PD detection instruments and PD measuring techniques.
Detecting and measuring Partial Discharge activity gives a unique insight into the condition of MV and HV assets without the need for expensive shut downs or invasive testing.
EA Technology pioneered PD theory and has developed an award-winning range of PD detection instruments and condition assessment techniques that help you achieve greater network reliability and prolong asset life, while at the same time greatly enhancing operator safety.
The one-day course will introduce you to PD theory and the instruments used to measure PD in a range of equipment, while the two-day course will cover continuous PD monitoring of critical assets and explaining how to analyse and interpret the data you collect in greater detail.
- Why Condition Assess Using PD Techniques?
- Analysis of MV Switchgear Fault Causes
- PD theory
- Surface discharge
- Internal discharge
- Corona discharge
- Causes of PD
- Effects of operating environment
- Methods of detecting and measuring PD
- Transient Earth Voltages (TEVs) sensors
- Ultrasonic sensors
- UHF sensors
- RFCTs sensors
- Brief overview of PD Instruments available for non-intrusive measurement
- Simple indication to full monitoring
- The UltraTEV Plus2 in detail and how to use the instrument
- Interpretation of results
- Case Studies
- 9.30am AEST on Wednesday, August 25th 2021, running over six hours
- Maximum 15 participants
- Delivered via Microsoft Teams
Course duration 1 Day
Contact us for further information
+61 (0) 7 3256 0534