Cables Part 1 & Accessories
This course is designed to give you a concise yet comprehensive overview of all the main aspects of power cable engineering, from initial design and specification to ongoing asset management.
The aim of the course is to deliver a thorough initial grounding in power cables, joints and terminations, including current best practice and standard operational procedures. The course will assess what is currently available in the cables market, including the latest cable technology, as well as the issues surrounding cable installation and testing.
A highly experienced team of speakers has been selected for their cables experience and expertise, and they will be available throughout the course for you to discuss your cable projects and problems.
- Electrical Theory and Introduction of Typical Cable and Accessory Constructions
- Cable Materials and Manufacture
- Cable Materials and Manufacture – Including Workshop on Stress Calculation
- Cable Accessories (Including Joints, Terminations and Fixings
- Cable Ratings and Earthing
- Cable Ratings and Earthing (Including Workshop on Cable Ratings)
- Cable Installation
- Cable Installation – Workshop of Installation
- Standards and Specifications
- Fault Location
- Fault Analysis – Including Workshop on Failure Investigation
Programme may be subject to amendment
Course duration 3 Days
Course Location Capenhurst, Chester
Need some help?
Fill in the below form to be contacted about more course dates or if you have any other enquiries.