Australian Utility – Investment Planning
30 July 2020
Our client distributes electricity to more than 1.3 million residential, industrial and commercial customers across a population base of around 3.1 million in Australia.
- Assess all electricity distribution network assets and the risks presented to the business.
- Develop a range of investment options to reduce risk, improve network performance and maximise investment benefits within imposed capital budget constraints.
- Provide fully auditable means to support regulatory submission.
- Improved asset performance
- Greater reliability and safety
- Lower costs
- Smarter investment decisions
- Use Condition Based Risk Management (CBRM) model to calculate condition profiles and health indices for specific assets and asset groups.
- Quantify asset risk using derived probability of failure data and consequences of failure information, consolidated into a risk model.
- Develop a portfolio of future asset investment options, designed to manage risk over the medium term.
- Recognised and auditable system to support efficient regulatory reporting.
- Improved asset management recommends 20% fewer replacements.
- Constantly updated evidence to support smarter investment decisions.