Buy a new CS2 CableSniffer and get a £500 trade-in deal
23 October 2018
EA Technology is incentivizing customers to move across to its CableSniffer2 (CS2).
Until the 29th March 2019, anyone trading in their existing CS1 CableSniffer will be eligible for a £500 trade-in deal.
The CableSniffer is a revolution in locating faults in underground LV cables fast.
Instead of relying on exploratory excavations, it samples and analyses the gases emitted when cable insulation starts to break down via a series of 8mm bore holes.
Faults can normally be located in under an hour and to an accuracy better than 1 metre, eliminating the need for multiple exploratory excavations.
The CS1 was first introduced into service 15 years ago. CableSniffers are now used by every DNO in the UK – saving £154 million in direct costs each year.
As a business, we are extremely proud of the CableSniffer. The introduction of the CableSniffer2 in 2016 saw methane gas elimination added as a key product feature.
It has been a genuine success story for EA Technology. Among other key benefits of CS2 are:
- Small and more portable than the CS1
- Average 50% saving on the costs of fault location and re-instatement
- Avoid expensive repair costs due to the CS2 having a separate battery compartment
- Under one hour typical time to locate each fault – a fraction of the time taken with conventional methods
- Much faster restoration of services – making customers and stakeholders happy
- Far fewer holes and trenches – with much less disruption and environmental damage
- No need to locate faults by breaking and re-jointing healthy cables – which can introduce new faults
- 10 years track record of effectiveness in the field – more than 2500 in service
- Immediate return on investment plus repeated year-on-year savings
- Easy to use with minimal training
- Portable and easy to transport – ideal addition to engineers’ field kit