Partial Discharge (PD) Training
Our two-day course from the pioneers of Partial Discharge (PD) technology, covering PD theory, PD detection instruments and PD measuring techniques.
Detecting and measuring Partial Discharge activity gives a unique insight into the condition of MV and HV assets without the need for expensive shut downs or invasive testing.
EA Technology pioneered PD theory and has developed an award-winning range of PD detection instruments and condition assessment techniques that help you achieve greater network reliability and prolong asset life, while at the same time greatly enhancing operator safety.
The two-day course will introduce you to PD theory and the instruments used to measure PD in a range of equipment and cover continuous PD monitoring of critical assets and explaining how to analyse and interpret the data you collect in greater detail.
- Introduction of partial discharge
- Fault statistics
- Causes of partial discharge
- Categories of partial discharge
- Preventing partial discharge
- Entering HV enclosures
Partial Discharge Detection
- Physical signs of partial discharge
- TEV detection
- Ultrasonic detection
- GIS and open air substations
- Partial discharge detection in cables
Introduction to Instruments
- Background interference
- Test types
- Testing requirements
- Test periods
- Operator competencies
- Using the data
- Risk management
- Overview of UltraTEV Monitor
- Sensor Types and Locations
- System Installation
- System Discovery
- Practical Installation
- System Management and Configuration
- Data Analysis
Programme may be subject to amendment