Power Quality Assessments
Independent expert advice and training on a range of power quality issues.
The symptoms of poor power quality can cause system disruption, which has a significant cost impact on your business. We offer independent expert advice and training on a range of power quality issues. Employing industry best practice, we can investigate your power quality status, identify any problems and propose effective solutions.
Poor power quality issues can go unnoticed due to failures being attributed to the incorrect cause when in fact they are a result of power quality issues in the form of harmonics, voltage sags/swells, flicker and transients. If you have experienced:
- Partial process failures
- Complete production stoppage
- Motors and transformers overheating
- Equipment and process malfunctions and shutdowns
Luckily, the cost of mitigating these power quality performance issues is far less than failure costs associated with the power quality causes and effects themselves.
Our specialist service combines the latest assessment technology (Class A Power Quality monitors) and modelling approaches, built on a wealth of experience in electrical networks and power engineering.
We are a vendor neutral company, globally recognised and respected.
Delivering practical support
- Comprehensive power quality analyses for identifying problems
- Measurement of single and three phase voltages and currents (fundamental and harmonic orders), power, energy, power factor, frequency and transients
- G5/4 compliance and system resonance analysis
- Investigation of the harmonic effects of power system loads
- Distorting load impact assessments
- Harmonic studies (Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) and individual harmonics)
- Flicker evaluation
- Voltage unbalance analysis
- Recommendations for effective solutions to resolve power quality disturbances
- Mitigation of power quality issues introduced by new or replacement equipment
- Advice on how to reduce risk to your operations and maximise power efficiency
- Recommendations on how to protect your assets from damage caused by poor power quality
- Training on power quality
LV Quality of Supply
The symptoms of poor power quality can cause system disruption, which has a significant cost impact on your business.
Maintenance Strategy, Policy & Documentation
Using the latest condition monitoring techniques and technology to implement efficient and cost-effective maintenance strategies.
Safety Rule Assessment & Compliance
Every type of engineering-related issue over the whole life of assets – all under one roof.