Safety Rule Assessment & Compliance
Every type of engineering-related issue over the whole life of assets – all under one roof.
Our Specialist Power Engineering services are designed to complement your in-house capabilities and resources. Our expertise covers every type of engineering-related issue over the whole life of assets: from initial design, through sourcing and monitoring manufacturers, to fault and failure investigations.
EA Technology have an in-house team of experienced and knowledgeable power engineers that cover a broad range of technical areas, including:
- Overhead lines
- Underground cables
- Power transformers
- Protection and control
- Legislation and regulation
- System engineering and future networks
We are influential thinkers, providing key contributions in standards working groups, and globally recognised innovation activities. We have experience in supporting organisations/agencies in investigating incidents (including fatalities), providing clarification of the evidence and comparing it to industry best practice.
We have used our specialist power engineering knowledge to:
- Represent clients in court, inquests and newton hearings
- Assist new areas of the Power Engineering industry, such as:
- Distributed generation / renewables integration
- Electric vehicle charging systems
- Smart Grid technology
- Review, revise and create Policy and Standards for companies, national committees and international standards bodies.
- Review, editing and developing organisation’s electrical safety rules against best industry practice including:
- The UK’s Model Distribution Safety Rules
- International organisation’s safety rules
- Legislation/Regulation (Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 etc.)
- Best practices from other sectors
- Ensure compliance of legislation/regulation requirements
- Optimise asset specification and sourcing to ensure assets are designed and manufactured to the highest standards
- Ensure installation techniques, guidelines, Method Statements and supporting material are safe and aligned with extracting full value from the assets, maximising asset performance and life
- Ensure operational safety through the implementation of industry best practice electrical safety rules
- Auditing of manufacturers and suppliers;
- Independent monitoring and testing during manufacture;
- Fault and failure investigations to support claims;
- Representation during investigations and court cases
- Electrical Safety Rules Review
Cable Rating Service: CRATER
CRATER (Cable Rater) is a sophisticated Cable Ratings tool which enables current ratings of a wide range of thermally interdepende...
Maintenance Strategy, Policy & Documentation
Using the latest condition monitoring techniques and technology to implement efficient and cost-effective maintenance strategies.
Power Quality Assessments
Poor power quality can cause system disruption, with a significant cost impact on your business.